...Or maybe we just really love the video above-especially the sound track. Burberry Brit's “April Showers” collection for Spring 2010 features classic cuts in bright cheerful colors that promise to combat the rainy day blues. The collection, for both men and women, includes fitted trench coats, “stowaway” windbreakers, polo shirts, dresses, and splashy accessories.
Entries in Burberry (2)
The snow storm could not keep over 200 industry media professionals and nominees away from the first Fashion 2.0 Social Media Awards on Wednesday, February 10th. Even those who intended to come but could not brave the winter storm caught the event live online. Here are the final results:
- Next Big Thing Award in Social Media: Foursquare.com beat Google Wave, Intwig, Hotpotato, & Blippy. The CEO of Foursquare, Dennis Crowley came and accepted the award (see above)
- Best Website By A Fashion Designer Or Brand: It was the French against the Americans in this hot category and the all American brand, Kate Spade, won by a landslide over DVF, Chanel, Louis Vuitton, Christian Louboutin, & Isaac Mizrahi.
- Best Blog By A Fashion Designer Or Brand: Free People skipped away with this award. Other nominees included: Hayden Harnett, Tory Burch, Chanel News, Dolce & Gabbana's Swide.com, & Opening Ceremony.
- Best Facebook Account By A Fashion Designer Or Brand: We think Coach's latest collection, Poppy was partially responsible for them securing this win over DVF, Tory Burch, Victoria Secret, Converse, and Dolce & Gabbana.
- Best Twitter Account By A Fashion Designer Or Brand. DYNY PR Girl, A crowd favorite won this category with DVF coming in second followed by Rachel Roy, Fake Karl, Stella McCartney, & Louis Vuitton. Aliza Licht, VP of Global Public Relations for the brand accepted the award.
- Best Online Video By A Fashion Designer or Brand. Chanel, Coco In Motion, by V Magazine won this category with Birds of a "Fether" by Erin Fetherston an uber close second. Other nominees include: Night Train by Chanel N 5, Psycho-logic by Christian Louboutin, Lady Dior / CHAPTER ONE, & SHOWstudio: Gareth Pugh A/W 2009.
- Innovator Award: Best Designer Or Brand Using Multiple Social Media Platforms. Burberry won our top award of the night with Alexander McQueen coming in second followed by DVF, Norma Kamali, Dolce & Gabbana, and Vivienne Tam.
Deirdre Sullivan from GPPR was present to give away door prizes at the event on behalf of ideeli.com, the founding sponsor for Fashion 2.0 Social Media Awards.
The day after the event on February 11th, Alexander McQueen one of the youngest designers to earn the title of British Designer of the Year, which he won four times passed away. GPPR is greatly saddened by the passing this enormous talent. We truly hope he found the peace he was seeking.